How Can I Recover My Hacked Bigpond Account?
Bigpond (Now rebranded a Telstra) might be more of an exclusive email client, but unfortunately it suffers from the same vulnerabilities as the regular webmail applications. Among these vulnerabilities, there is one that causes hacking. This intrusion can alter your username or password and henceforth restrict your access to your email account. In such scenario, generally you have reset your password and username, but in the case of Bigpond, you do not need to go through these hoops.
According To Bigpond Support, There Is A Much Easier Way To Recover Your Account
you seek to recover your email ID, you have to have access to two of the following credentials
- Your Email Address
- Your Telstra home phone or your mobile number
Additionally, you would also need to enter your date of birth among the required credentials. Unlike the conventional webmail applications, Telstra follows more of a service oriented operation in regards to recovery process. Therefore, it can:
- Resend you your password:In Case your Telstra ID is same as the Bigpond email address; or they can
- Reset the password on your behest:in case the Telstra ID you have is a bit different from your Bigpond email address.
Both these methods are extremely reliable. Though, when it comes to account recovery, you need to recover both your username and your pass code in order to get full access.
Below Is The Procedure You Need To Apply If You Seek To Recover Your Username:
- Go to the Login screen for Bigpond webmail
- Just beside the login space, click on the option that says “I cannot access my account
- You will now encounter two choices: click on “Forgotten username” to move forward with username recovery”
- Enter either your Email address or Telstra mobile or home number
- Enter your date of birth
- Click on continue
- The webmail software will compare the credentials you entered with the records and if they match, will send you the username on wither your email or your mobile phone.
Below Is The Procedure You Need To Apply If You Seek To Recover Your Password:
- Go to the Login screen for Bigpond webmail.
- Just beside the login space, click on the option that says “I cannot access my account”.
- You will now encounter two choices: click on “Forgotten password” to move forward with username recovery.
- On the resultant screen, enter your username and date of birth
- Click on continue.
- If the username matches with the Bigpond email address, you will be receiving the password on your mail
- On other hand, if there is no match between the two, the webmail software will send you the link to change your pass code.
- Navigate to the inbox and click on the link.
- Enter captcha for a no-robot confirmation.
- The password is now set.
Unfortunately, unlike the common email clients, you will not have the option of providing the account with extra security via the implementation of two factor authentication. While the standardized Password Recovery process is adequate, the safety of your account relies solely upon the strength of the password
The aforementioned account recovery methods are rather easy to implement, but in case you are having any trouble, you can Contact Bigpond Support team on their toll-free Bigpond Support Number 1-800-870-613. The restoration process, while easy to implement does require some security measures. To that end, the team will assist you in various ways to apply these methods to make the account a lot safer.